Shanghai, as a world famous international metropolis, has the prosperous business and was known as the city without night. In the recent years, a lot of business circles are set up in Shanghai. As a result, it attracts more foreign investors to set up their retail enterprises in Shanghai. We will introduce facts to be aware of the establishment of foreign-invested retail enterprises.
- Its registered address should be for commercial purpose;
- The proposed store/shop must in compliance with the relevant city development strategy and city commercial development strategy；
- Its operation term, generally, shall not exceed 30 years；
- Its registered capital should be in compliance with it business scales；
- Terms of capital injection: 20% of the total registered capital to be paid within 3 months from the issuance of the business license and the balance to be paid within 2 years from the issuance of the business license；
- Based on the goods to be sold, the company may apply for other relevant special licenses, such as the food retail company is required to apply for food distribution/circulation license and the alcohol retail company is required to apply for alcohol retail license and etc；
- If the area of the retail store is more than 300 square meters, it is also required apply for a public hygienic license.