Shanghai Municipal Administration for Market and Regulation (“SMAR”) issued a notification of the Special Supervision and Inspection for the Relative Product Marks and Labels of Food on August 4th, 2020. Shanghai Dongjin finds the main points as follows.
The products for the supervision and inspection are mainly highlighted in two fields as (1) the plastic products for food containing like non-composite membrane bags, containers and tools, and (2) the metal products for food containing like stainless steel and aluminum during producing and distribution fields within Shanghai city.
- Check whether there is the product name in Chinese, and whether there are the name(s), address and contact number(s) of manufacturer(s) and(or) distributor(s);
- Check whether the date of production mark and the expiration date (suitable period for usage) mark are in compliance with the regulations, and whether there is a lack of mark;
- Check whether the noted material quality is in compliance with the relevant national standards and regulations for food security.
- As for product implementation standards, check whether they are tagged, whether they are valid, legal and effective, and whether they are in compliance with the production situation;
- Check whether there are product qualification cards for qualified domestic products;
- As for the food production under the administration of permission, check whether the mark and number of production license are fully tagged on the products, packs or instructions; and
- Check whether the attention and other information for usage are identified for the food products with special requirements.
The notification requires enterprises to do strict self-checks in accordance with relevant laws, regulations and standards and make sure the marks and labels noted on the relative food products are true and standard before August 30th, 2020.
SMAR will also take actions to strengthen their inspection on the above points during 30 August to 30 October 2020. Strict investigation and punishment will be taken made on the unlawful act before 30 November 2020.
If you want to read the complete article, you can refer to the below link (in Chinese only): http://www1.shanghaiinvest.com/cn/viewfile.php?id=15166
If you have any question, please contact me.
Mr. Mike Chang
TEL: 0086-21-68868321 / FAX: 0086-21-68868021