The National Development and Reform Commission and the Ministry of Commerce released two negative lists of 2019, one for the piloted free trade zones and one for the rest of the country, covering fewer access-limiting measures. Pilot FTZs now have 37 listed items for foreign investors, down from 45, while non-FTZ areas are required to implement 40 items instead of 48.
- The restriction that domestic shipping agencies must be controlled by the Chinese side has been scrapped.
- The restriction that gas and heat pipelines in cities with a population of more than 500,000 shall be controlled by the Chinese side has been lifted.
- The restriction that cinemas and performance brokerage institutions must be controlled by the Chinese side has been rescinded.
- The restriction on foreign investment in domestic multi-party communications, store-and-forward and call center services is now canceled.
- Prohibition on foreign investment in the exploitation of wildlife resources has been abolished.
- Restrictions on the exploration and development of petroleum and natural gas are limited to Chinese-foreign equity joint ventures or non-equity joint ventures have been canceled, as well as the prohibition on foreign investment in the exploration and exploitation of molybdenum, tin, antimony and fluorite.
- In the manufacturing sector, the ban on foreign investment in the production of Xuan paper and ink ingots has been lifted.
- The 2019 version of the pilot FTZ negative list for foreign investment has lifted restrictions on foreign investment in areas such as aquatic products fishing and publication printing.
If you want to read the complete article, you can refer to the below link (in Chinese only).
If you have any question, please contact me.
Mr. Mike Chang
TEL: 0086-21-68868321 / FAX: 0086-21-68868021