Recently, Shanghai Food and Beverage Administration (“SFDA”) issued Hushiyaojiancanying【2018】No.83 on the detailed requirement on how to make the food license displayed to the public. Shanghai Dongjin finds the below as the main points.
- The food operators should hang or put the original "food operation license" or “temporary record card for the publics’ convenient catering” in a visible position at the operation place.
- The market supervision department at the district level shall issue "Shanghai food safety inspection information public signs" (the “Public Sign”) to the catering service providers once after they obtain the "food operation license" or “temporary record card for the publics’ convenient catering” but before the first time
- The "Public Sign" should be placed, hung and displayed in a visible position at the operation place.
- The "Public Sign" should be attached to a QR code. The consumers can scan the QR code to check the last monitoring and inspection result, the items which were not qualified, or whether it has passed the assessment of the "safe restaurant" or the "safe canteen".
- The food and beverage service providers shall be ordered to correct, be given warning and even be imposed a fine of between RMB2,000 TO RMB30,000 for any tearing up, modify the inspection result or not displaying the inspection result or QR code until the next inspection.
Shanghai Dongjin suggests that the food service providers shall take care of this new requirement and have an internal check.
If you have any question, please contact me.
Mr. Mike Chang
TEL: 0086-21-68868321 / FAX: 0086-21-68868021