Recently, twelve China governmental authorities have jointly issued the Action Plan for the Protection of Intellectual Property Rights Owned by Foreign-invested Enterprises (the "Plan"), including the Office of the National Leading Group for Crackdown on the Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights and the Production and Sale of Counterfeit and Shoddy Goods, the State Intellectual Property Office ("SIPO"), the Ministry of Commerce ("MOFCOM"), General Administration of Custom, the State Administration of Industry and Commerce, Ministry of Public Security, Ministry of Agriculture, Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television, State Forestry Administration, State Post Bureau, Supreme People’s Court and Supreme People’s Procuratorate.
The detailed tasks of the Plan as well as the specific duties are as follows.
- Crack down on violations and offenses that infringe trade secrets.
- Crack down on violations that infringe trademarks such as free-riding of renowned brands, especially for well-known trademarks, geographical indications and foreign-related trademarks and improve the administration on the internet.
- Crack down on violations that infringe patent rights, especially for e-commerce, food and drugs, environmental protection, work safety, high and innovative technologies and other key sectors as well as exhibitions, import and export, and other critical processes, special programs will be conducted in a deep-going manner for the Patent Law’s enforcement and protection of patent rights.
- Crack down on violations that infringe copyright such as infringement and piracy, especially for online films and television, music, software, animation and teaching materials and platforms such as e-commerce and software application stores.
- Crack down on violations that infringe the rights of new plant varieties.
- Crack down on the import and export of goods infringing intellectual property rights.
- Strengthen safety supervision over the postal delivery process.
- Crack down on offenses of infringement and counterfeiting.
- Strengthen procuratorial supervision.
- Intensify judicial trial.
- Strengthen external publicity.
According to the Plan, the Chinese authorities will crack down upon illegal and criminal acts that infringe on intellectual property rights owned by foreign-invested enterprises during September to December 2017.
If you have any questions, please send the email to me.
Mr. Mike Chang
TEL: 0086-21-68868321 / FAX: 0086-21-68868021