On 30th Nov 2016, Shanghai Administrative Bureau of Industry and Commerce (hereinafter is referred as “SAIC”) issued “The Opinion on the Pilot Reformation on the Name Application in Pudong New Area and Shanghai Free Trade Zone”. Shanghai Dongjin found the following main points on its reformation.
- It is applicable to the negative list for the company name. This negative list is combined with the restrictions and prohibitions for the name application according to the valid laws and regulations. The company can find the restricted and prohibited requirements for the company name on this negative list.
- SAIC is setting up database for the valid name. If the company picks up the valid name in this database, he/she may enter into a quick pass or even obtain the name approval in one working day. Till now, there is around 50,000 names in this database but now only open in the Pudong and Waigaoqiao government center.
- It is no longer required to get the written name approval. Once the online name application is approved, the company can go on the online application for company setting up with the approved name approved code.
- If the company’s name is special (e.g. as trade name, new industry description, or special industry), the company is still entitle to discuss with the local officer and apply for it with current method.
- Although there is a negative list, the government will pay more attention on the protection of the famous trademark/brand and company name.
- Although the reformation is now only made in Pudong and SFTZ, we believe that it will soon be expanded to the whole Shanghai area or even other cities when the government is collecting the relevant experience.
If you have any questions, please send the email to me.
Ms. Jojo Hu
TEL: 0086-21-68868335 ext 324 / FAX: 0086-21-68868021