Recently Shanghai Customs took out the new policies for China (Shanghai) Free Trade Zone (within Shanghai WGQ Bonded Zone/WGQ Bonded Logistics Zone/Yangshan Bonded Port/Shanghai Pudong Airport Comprehensive Bonded Area) with the purpose of stimulating the trade convenience in the FTZ.
1. “The official power and liability of the local Customs should be strictly based on the list”: the administrative power list and liability list of the local customs was clearly issued in order to encourage the social supervision of the official actions;
2. “Bonded services will apply to the entire offshore outsourcing service”: In the past, only the qualified technology advanced service company could enjoy the bonded policies. But from now on, the whole process (e.g. design and R&D, manufacturing, assembling and testing procedures) will enjoy the bonded policies. This is also an action to stimulate Shanghai setting up as an Technology Innovation Center.
3. “Bulk Commodity Spot Market Bonded Transaction”: bulk commodity spot is allowed to make bonded transactions several times. It is also to improve the sharing of information between the customs, the receiver warehouse and the third-party warehouse receipt publication institution.
4. “One-stop declaration and checking procedure”: the company don’t need to input their information for both customs and CIQ procedure, these governmental institutions will jointly make their supervision thus easing the customs clearance procedure.
5. “Registered in one area but operating across four areas”: the custom policies are shared within Shanghai WGQ Bonded Zone/WGQ Bonded Logistics Zone/Yangshan Bonded Port/Shanghai Pudong Airport Comprehensive Bonded Area.
6. “Easy way for the customs clearance of artworks”: For the bonded warehouse for the artworks between the bonded zone and overseas, there is no need to get the approval from the local culture bureau; The approval issued by the local culture bureau for customs clearance of artworks can be used for no more than six times; for the artworks used by the local show but imported from time to time, they only need to be shown once for customs clearance.
7. “The judgment based on the customs code classification will applicable for the whole China”: the company can apply for an administrative judgment based on the customs code classification and if the official decision has been made, it will applicable for the whole China.
8. “Convenient policy for the commodity classification”: an united online platform for commodity classification will be built up for the public to check.
Further, the following eight actions, in the purpose of speeding up the building of Shanghai as the global technology and innovation center, were also addressed by the customs officer.
1. Support and make Zhangjiang as the AIR FORWARDING SERVICE CENTER, especially for the customs declaration of the companies registered in Zhangjiang as importer of reagents, samples, consumables and equipments.
2. Tailor-make the customs declaration of the Technology Innovation Enterprise (“TIE”). For the main project, the customs officers will be appointed for detailed consulting and business instruction. The specialized window for TIE will be opened 24/7 and ensure the customs declaration at any time. It is also allowed for the customs officer to check onsite the goods which are impacted by the environment and not suitable for checking in the Customs Surveillance Zone.
3. Optimize the random checking of the TIE: For the qualified TIE, it can enjoy the convenience of customs declaration and the random checking rate will be no more than 0.5%. The guarantee on “each transaction” will be reformed to “the company’s total quota” and book management mode: especially the joint supervision of the cycle using packages and containers for the Integrated Circuit industry will adopt “once guarantee, once approval, random checking, annual inspection” and realize the non-paper customs clearance.
4. Share the information between the customs and the TIE or Technology Research companies. Use Internet of Things (“IoT”) to realize the information management and set up a platform for the import of R&D equipment. The customs will change its focus from the company itself to the whole industrial chain including the supplier and the client. Further, the company is allowed to create a digital handbook, outsourcing the processing job at its discretion.
5. Support the set up of special bonded warehouses in the Technology Innovation Center, especially for public using or self-using.
6. Improve the bonded supervision of the offshore outsourcing services, the bonded scope will be extended from the qualified “Technology Advancing Service Company” to all SMEs having outsourcing services.
7. Strengthen the IPR protection for TIE. Implement the IPR customs registration for TIEs, set up a special tunnel and accelerate the speed of customs clearance for the qualified import/export enterprise with legal authorization. An IPR protection detector will be set up on the port to strike the IPR infringement actions.
8. Give tax preferential policies as a support to the main technology innovation projects. Policies such as “Made in China 2025” enterprises, “Giant Plane”, “New Energy Automobile”, “Nuclear Power Plant”, “Urban Rail Transportation”, as well as the technology innovation industrial clusters for “Integrated Circuit Manufacturing Equipment” and “Main New Drug R&D”.
If you want to know more details, please contact our senior consultant.
Ms. Jojo Hu
TEL: 0086-21-68868335 ext 324 / FAX: 0086-21-68868021