How do I know if the industry I want to operate in is restricted for Foreign Investors?

Wednesday, 25 July 2012 12:47

If you consider to enter China via foreign direct investment (FDI) such as with the establishment of a joint-venture (JV) or wholly foreign-owned enterprise (WOFE), it is important to consider the Foreign Investment Catalogue to determine what restrictions, if any, apply to the establishment of the Chinese entity.

Foreign Investment Catalogue determines“encouraged”“restricted” and“prohibited” industries. If It is not found among those three, it is considered as “permitted”.

Contact Us

Mr. Mike Chang



+86.21.6886 8321


+86.21.6886 8021

Connect Us